Monday 1 June 2015

Quick and Easy Gluten Free Ramen




Hello

So as you may have seen in my last post I have recently stopped eating gluten..It sucks.

Well it doesn't necessarily suck, but it has been a bit challenging, especially when it comes to eating out. One of my old favourite places to eat out back in the gluteny days was Wagamamas.. MMMMMM. The issue is most of their dishes contain wheat noodles or some form wheat/gluten. Not to mention the gallons of Soy Sauce they use.

So I took it upon myself to create a little gluten-free ramen using ingredients that I had in the house, and here is what I came up with.

Ingredients (do feel free to adapt):

1-2 Tsp Miso Paste (From Tesco)
1 Gluten Free Fish Stock Cube )
1 Fresh Chili finely chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper Sliced
1 Handful of Mange Tout halved
1 Fillet of Salmon Diced - Could use any meat/fish
1 Handful of Prawns (optional)
2 Portions of Rice Noodles (From Tesco)
3 Tsp Roasted Sesame Oil (From Tesco)
Tamari Soy Sauce to taste (or a shit load if you are like me)








Firstly you want to add the miso paste and the stock cube to about 600ml of hot water and add this to a rather sizable pan on a medium heat. Cook this for a few minutes whilst stirring to ensure all the miso/stock is dissolved into what will be the base of our ramen.


Then you want to go ahead and add the vegetables of your choice to the pan along with the fish/meat, this is where you are going to have to leave the soup for a little while just until the meat/fish is almost done. As I used Salmon this really doesn't take very long (approx 4-5 mins)  After this we will be adding the Sesame oil and rice noodles, the ones I used were dried so probably took around another 3 mins to cook. The reason to add the sesame oil is this gives a really authentic ramen flavour and this also makes the noodles have a lovely silky texture. 


Then you want to add your Soy Sauce or if you are gluten free like myself some Tamari sauce (mine is from ASDA) and a little extra sesame oil if you fancy. Then all that is left to do is serve! 


So I hope you enjoy this little post and let me know if you give this a try, I must say it was rather delicious!

Love Always 
Megan x


No comments:

Post a Comment