Sunday 10 January 2016

Getting Acrylic Nails For The First Time

Hey there,

Considering I'm as into beauty as I am there is one element to my beauty routine that is severely lacking. My nails. I would say about 90% of my life I have naked nails cut pretty short because I hate nail polish. The other 10% of my life has been spend battling with various brands of nail polish to try and find one that does not chip on the first day. 

So to cut a long story short yesterday was the day for my nail prayers to be answered. Along with my mum (an acrylic nail newbie), my dear friend Hannah (another acrylic nail newbie) and Hannah's mum Dawn (Should have a degree in perfect nails) we all went along to the nail salon Dawn has been going to for around 9 years.

After many hours scrolling through Pintrest hunting for the perfect shape and design I came across this picture that I instantly fell in love with. Now I went for a more toned down version of this look but I just loved the ombre glitter tips!




Much to my mother's distaste I went for the Almond shape as I think his looks really feminine and would look really pretty with the ombre glitter effect I fell in love with. For my first set I wanted to go fairly short so I would get eased into the world of acrylics and so I could at least manage basic tasks like buttoning up jeans (this may take practice). 

I have to say when they were first applied I felt like I had someone else's nails on, it was really bizarre! But now after 1 day with them on they feel almost normal and I have to say, if my nails will look this pretty for 4 weeks at a time I think it is definitely worth the money!

Now I know that acrylics are not good for your own nails but neither is dying your hair and I was never one for not doing what makes you feel good. So although they may not be everyone's cup of tea, they are definitely mine and I think I am going to keep getting them for the foreseeable future. 
Love Always,
Megan

1 comment: