Sunday 28 February 2016

My Top 5 Tips For Getting Your Shit Together

Hello my beauty's, so its been two weeks...two f**king weeks since my last post, what the heck is going on I hear you ask? Well to be quite honest I've been in a proper funk recently. Normally when bouts of Anxiety hit me I am very aware of whats going on as this is something I have dealt with on many an occasion and they rarely have much chance to affect me. This past couple have weeks however have been different. For some reason I have just not felt like me, I haven't wanted to do anything or see anyone which is unusual as normally I am quite a driven person and always have to be doing something. Well what I have realised is that this, although slightly annoying, gives me an excuse to share with you guys my top 5 tips of how to get out of these low moments we all experience in life.

1. ALLOW YOURSELF TO FEEL DOWN. You can't be expected to be Little Miss Peppy all day everyday can you? It is perfectly normal to feel upset, down, anxious or just a little bit off now and again and realistically if you try faking your usual charisma you will probably just end up feeling worse. If you need to cry, CRY! It's okay to be a human and you will probably feel an enormous weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

2. ORGANISE YOUR LIFE! Often we experience these low times because we feel helpless or because we have a task we feel like we cant manage ahead. Well that means its time to get organised, this will mean different things to different people but for me it starts with breaking down the problem into smaller, more manageable, tasks and this makes it SO much easier to get through. Lists are everything and using them effectively can make you feel so much more productive. So get that planner out of the desk drawer and start bloody using it.

3. MUSIC IS MEDICINE. I have always been a huge music person and have sang my whole life. This means that for me there is no better healer than my favourite music. Get out the speakers and start blasting your fave tunes and you will soon feel like you have been lifted. If you are feeling sad, listening to something more slow and subdued and get out the sadness (crying is okay people!). For me The 1975 have been one of the main things that has got me to where I am today. I seriously recommend their music and luckily for you they have just released their new album (partly why I am now back to normal).

4. ENVIRONMENT IS EVERYTHING. If you are feeling down because someone else has made you feel that way, cut the bitch out! I'm serious you should surround yourself with people who make you feel happy and valued and anyone who doesn't fit that bill doesn't deserve your attention. Environment also means the space around you, I know I always feel better when my room is clean and tidy and my work space is uncluttered. So put the tunes on and for half an hour tidy up and get rid of the clutter in your life. I assure you you will feel better and your mum will love the tidy bedroom!

5. MOVE YO BODY. It is scientifically proven that exercise releases endorphins in the body which make you feel happier. Now if I went to the gym happy would not be the feeling I would have! But if I went out for a run in the fresh air or went Rock Climbing I can't explain how good my body and soul feels. Its all about finding the sport that works for you, if you want to try something lighter how about Yoga? You don't need to fork out for a Class, check out Yoga With Adrienne and feel amazing from the comfort of your bedroom. Or for Something more energetic try a team sport, swimming or running. Just find something that makes you smile from ear to ear and you will soon be lifted out of the slump you have been in.

So guys that's my tips for getting your shit together and getting out of a low point in life. I would love to hear your best advice because who knows it may help just one person feel better about their day.

Love Always,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment